How to Wear Your Hair Curly On Your Wedding Day, According to Stylists
Hey, curly friends, do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of wedding bells ringing! If you’re getting married soon, you’re likely thinking about your wedding pretty much all the time, and we don’t blame you—this is one of the most exciting times of your life! There’s so much to do to prepare for the big day: saying “yes” to the dress, picking out shoes, choosing makeup, and of course, deciding on your wedding-day hairstyle.
There are dozens of ways to style your hair for your wedding day, and if you have naturally curly hair you might be tempted to straighten it—but hold up, bestie! We want to encourage you to embrace your natural texture and let those beautiful curls shine as you walk down the aisle. We talked with some stylists and asked their advice on how to wear your hair curly on your wedding day. These styles utilize Bebonia curly clip-in hair extensions, so even if you don’t have long hair, you can still get the elegant, intricate wedding hairstyle of your dreams. Without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Curly Wedding Hairstyle 1: Pineapple With Pearls
Styled by Lebron_ellie
If you’re going for an elegant, romantic look, try this “pineapple with pearls” updo. It’s a timelessly gorgeous style that keeps the majority of your curls off the back of your neck (ideal if you’re getting married during warmer months) while still leaving some defined natural curls framing your beautiful face. This model is wearing Bebonia curly clip-in hair extensions to make the pineapple formed by her natural curls fuller and more voluminous.
How to Style Pineapple With Pearls
- First, install your Bebonia curly clip-in hair extensions. (Check out our how-to guide here. You can also bring it to your stylist!) This gorgeous style was created using two sets of Bebonia curly hair extensions in 110g, Natural Black, 22” Ringlets.
- Separate a (v) section for front loose curls (hold with a clip).
- Spritz water, add holding gel (our stylist recommends Innersense “I Create Hold” gel). Stylist Note: It’s easier to smooth the hair ponytail while curls are damp to create a smooth high ponytail. Use a smoothing brush for slicker form.
- Refresh curls with water and Curl Smith Bouncing Strength Foam, for controlled curl definition can finger coil the front.
- Add pin pearls for ornamental design.
Curly Wedding Hairstyle 2: Boho With Baby’s Breath
Styled by: glamazoncoifs
This “Boho With Baby’s Breath” style is straight out of a fairytale. It’s perfect to pair with flowy, bohemian dresses or outdoor weddings. Just picture yourself gliding down the aisle with this gorgeous, loose, curly braid! Bebonia curly clip-in hair extensions add length and fullness to create a breathtakingly beautiful wedding-day hairstyle.
How to Style the Boho With Baby’s Breath
- Install your curly clip-in hair extensions before styling this half-up, half-down. (Here is a tutorial on how to clip in Bebonia curly hair extensions.) In this photo, the model is wearing two sets of 110g, Chestnut Spiral Bebonia curly hair extensions in 22” length.
- Starting just below the temples, take equal sections from each side and twist them in toward the middle and tie them with a small rubber band.
- Take the second section behind the ears and do the same thing—tie them with a small rubber band over top of the first section.
- Continue down the length of the hair in as many sections as necessary.
- When you get near the ends, take specific curls and pin them to blend and create cascading curls at the bottom.
- Loosen particular curls throughout and pin them if necessary to hide the rubber bands.
- To finish, decorate with baby’s breath, but you can use any accents or accessories you choose.
Curly Wedding Hairstyle 3: Half-Up With Pearls
If you can’t quite commit to a full updo, you can have the best of both worlds with this gorgeous half-up, half-down hairstyle. This is the perfect look to really show off your beautiful curls, and it’s an incredibly easy style to create. Utilizing curly hair extensions can enhance the length and volume of your natural texture, and accessorizing with pearls creates an eye-catching style that will complement your wedding dress beautifully. In this photo, the bride is wearing a set of customized Bebonia curly clip-in hair extensions to add length and enhance her naturally beautiful curls.
How to Style Half-Up With Pearls
- Before you begin, install your curly clip-in hair extensions. In this photo, the model is wearing a gorgeous set of 220g, Honey Blonde, Curly extensions in 22” length. (customized color)
- Make a side part, following the eyebrow arch.
- Pull side hair back to mid-crown and secure with bobby pins.
- Accessorize with a pearl side comb and add loose pearls for a charming, gorgeous hair adornment.
Curly Wedding Hairstyle #4: A Crown For A Queen
Styled by: ashlydanielaa
If you’re considering wearing a tiara on your wedding day, but aren’t sure if you should, just take a look at this gorgeous Queen. Your wedding day is probably the one day of your life you’ll be able to wear an actual tiara and get away with it, so we say DO IT! This is a simple hairstyle that’s great for any hair type, but looks especially lovely with curly hair. This model is wearing her Bebonia Spiral, Lightest blonde hair extensions extensions for added volume, lending a regal, elegant look to her hairstyle.
How to Style A Crown For a Queen
- Install your curly clip-in hair extensions (or have your stylist install them for you) before you begin. This model is wearing two sets of Bebonia curly hair extensions. The curly extensions are 110g, Lightest Blonde Spirals in 22” length.
- Have your stylist pull your curls loosely to the back of your head.
- Gently pin the locks down.
- Lightly adorn your crown of curls with a tiara, or any other accessory of your choice! We love the way this tiara shows off the full length and volume of the curly extensions and natural curls.
Curly Wedding Hairstyle 5: Classic Half-Up, Half-Down
This is another simple, curly wedding hairstyle that makes a HUGE impact. Just look at the length and volume on this beauty. This is a great choice for anyone wanting something simple, elegant, and low-maintenance. One of our favorite parts about this style is how you can match it to your wedding dress using the accessory or adornment of your choice! This model chose to enhance her half-up, half-down hairstyle with curly clip-in hair extensions for the length and volume boost they give the style.
How to Style Classic Half-Up, Half-Down
- Install your curly hair extensions before you begin creating this hairstyle. Our model is wearing two sets of 110g, Dark Brown, Ringlet curly clip-in hair extensions in 22” length. (Two sets of Bebonias will help create even more volume.)
- Use a clear elastic band to make a small ponytail for the half-up, half-down.
- Add a hair accessory to decorate the hair.
Curly Clip-In Hair Extensions Help Create The Wedding Hairstyle of Your Dreams
As you can see, embracing your hair’s natural texture by wearing your hair curly on your wedding day is not only possible, it’s a definite MUST. If you’re blessed with curly hair, don’t hide your natural texture–embrace it! Your wedding day is a day to shine, and showing off your beautiful crown of curls will help make you shine that much brighter.
Curly human hair extensions can help elevate your wedding-day hairstyle by adding length and volume. If you have shorter hair, curly extensions can help you achieve the updo of your dreams. If you decide to incorporate curly hair extensions into your wedding-day hairstyle, we recommend bringing them to your stylist for a hairstyle “trial-run” before the day of the big event.
Now get out there and say “I do!” to letting your curls free on your big day!
There are dozens of ways to style your hair for your wedding day, and if you have naturally curly hair you might be tempted to straighten it—but hold up, bestie! We want to encourage you to embrace your natural texture and let those beautiful curls shine as you walk down the aisle. We talked with some stylists and asked their advice on how to wear your hair curly on your wedding day. Without further ado, let’s dive right in!